Jan 23, 2013

REVIEW: Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation

Hello there!1

So today, Im here for another review. I bought this product around two weeks ago, when Maybelline had a sale going on. I bought this for 30% off so I thought it was a good deal.Anyhooo....let us proceed to my review!! :)

THE PRODUCT FACTS:

Name:: MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOT AQUA GEL FOUNDATION
Shade: True beige #24
Price: P349.00 (original price)
Amount: 30ml/ 1.01 FL. Oz



Comes in a squeeze tube bottle thingy* (don't know what to call it exactly)

What it says in the tube:

  • Water based formula gives skin a light and fresh sensation.
  • Controls shines for an all day perfect and healthy looking complexion.
  • Evens out skin tone and covers imperfections.
  • Feels soothing and cares for your skin with chamomile, aloe and vitamin E
  • 100% Oil free..Dermatologist tested..Allergy Tested..Fragrance free..Hypoallergenic..Won't clog pores
Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Titanium dioxide, Propylene glycol, Kaolin, Polyacrelamide, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, C13-14 Isoparffin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl acetate, Polymethyl Methcrylate, Sodium C8-16 Isoalkysuccinyl, Wheat Protein Sulfonate, Dimthiconol, Ethyl Paraben, Butyl Paraben, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Chamomilla Recutita/Matricaria Extract, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract,.
May contain: [+/- CI 7781/Titanium dioxide,CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, Mica, CI 42090/Blue 1]. (F.I.L. 8359/1).

The product as it says is water-based and not sticky but is not water-y as well.



ME:
Skin type: normal to dry
Problem areas: Uneven skin tone, large pores, a red zit on my right cheek


I applied the product on the right side of my face at first and then blended it out using my fingers.
*As you can see, it did evened my skin a bit but did not cover my zit 100%.
* It did brighten my face though. :)






* I used my ELF two-way powder foundation to set the foundation.

FOR COMPARISON:





 MY THOUGHTS:

What I like:
  • Affordable
  • It is water-based and blends easily without making making my face look cakey
  • Adheres well to the skin
  • Gives a natural,dew-y finish ( light to medium coverage) 
  • No need to use setting powder
  • It brightens my face, making me look fresh and awake
  •  It stayed on me for about 4 hours without using a primer. 
What I don't like:
  • The fist thing I DONT like about this product is that the first time I tried it on, I had a strange sensation on my skin. I felt a sort of tingly, minty sensation on my skin. It was a little unpleasant at first, then after a few seconds the tingly sensation went away but the minty feeling stayed on for about 5 minutes or so. It really bothered me at first but it did not break me out or anything so I continued using it for 2 weeks. Now, I don't feel that unpleasant tingly sensation anymore but I do feel a cooling sensation on face every time I use it.
  • It does not do anything about my pores though :(
  • It has a very faint alcohol-like odor. 
Recommendation:
  • If you have super sensitive skin, I suggest you try this out first and see if you and I have the same reaction. My twin sister used this foundation as well and she did not feel anything unpleasant tingly sensation She did say that she felt a cooling sensation after she applied the product on her skin.
  • You can get away without using a setting powder but if you think you need to set it with powder, it is better to use a loose powder and make sure to apply some blush or bronzer so that your face will not look flat.
 I am really not sure whether I will repurchase this once I run out because I do have other light coverage foundation lying around. But, if you are looking for a natural finish go-to-for-everyday-use foundation that you don't need to set with powder, this is a  good option. 




8 comments:

  1. I use True Beige as well. This is like my everyday wear foundation. What I love about it is how I don't need to set it with powder especially when I'm in a hurry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Where do I get it now as I went looking around all stores but to no avail! Urgent n thanks!

      Delete
  2. I am in fact delighted to read this web site posts which consists of plenty of useful data, thanks for providing these
    kinds of information.

    My weblog Green Coffee Bean Supplement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.


    Feel free to visit my homepage: acai ultra

    ReplyDelete
  4. if possible can you compare this to maybelline clear smooth 8-in-1 high protection bb cream? I am really confused which one should I use....thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there! nice review!. i actually just bought mine a few days ago. and what i just read on your blog are the exact same things i was thinking. except for the stingy feel. It does not really do anything about my zits when i apply it.can you suggest liquid foundations that can be more effective on hiding zits?
    thanks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can try foundations with more coverage..i love revlon whipped cream foundation and revlon photoready !

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the review ! :) I just got mine too! :))))

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!