Jun 18, 2013

Look Fab and Glam for Less

Hi everyone!!


I admit that I am on a budget. If I can, I will buy all the makeup there is!However, I can't do that so whenever I buy makeup products that costs more than P500, I always make sure that I really need it and that I am 100% sure that I will use it. If the product turn out to be crap, then I try to use it in other ways like if it is a foundation that is too light or too dark on me, I mix it with other foundation to achieve my shade.

Anyway, this is my entry for My Lucid Intervals Anniversary Makeup Contest. I am a firm believer that to be pretty and glam, one need not to spend a ton of money. Here are my tips on how to look fab even on a budget.

1. Know your skin type and skin color and undertone. This is my number 1 tip because this will save you money and time when choosing the right products that will compliment your skin tone. Also, it is best to look at the ingredients so that you can see what products you are putting on your face. If you have sensitive skin, it is best to shy away from products with TALC and MICA because they are known to cause skin irritations.

2. Do your research and (if possible) try before you buy. There are tons of people doing reviews and blogs about makeup products so it would be good to check them first before buying a certain product especially on high end one.

3. Know what products to invest in. In my opinion, invest in foundations and primers because they provide the base for your makeup. Especially for eyeshadows, it is best to buy eye primers because it will definitely extend the wear of your eye shadow no matter how cheap it is.

4. Skin care. Makeup can only do so much. No matter how great the coverage of your foundation is, at the end of the day, it is more important to have good skin.

So those were my tips, on to my makeup video:













PRODUCTS USED: 
Each of the products used costs less than P500.

FACE:

Eyebrows:

Eyes:
 Cheeks:

Lips:

For the brushes, I used my Beauty Cosmetics Travel Smokey Eye Kit which only costs P300 and ELF Studio Flat top brush that costs P250.00.

Here is my before and after:













6 comments:

  1. Hi Maia!! Firstly I want to thank you for the super bonggang effort in joining my contest!! hehe I enjoyed your video and I love how you used you own made glycerine facial mist!! I do that too!!!! Ilove the hint of purple for a glam look and the pink lippie goes well with it!! Goodluck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! I enjoyed doing this video! :)

      Delete
  2. Uyyy! Meron din akong ganitong palette! Ung wild peach palette! Whoohhoo!! I super love it! I wanna buy the bigger version for my stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with #4! Good luck with the contest; hope you win!

    By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my post for the details! Please link back to me when you've answered the questions. I'd love to read them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!