Jun 3, 2013

REVIEW: 177 COLOR PALETTE from Miss Bella Ph




Hi everyone!!

Are you a fan of eyeshadows? What colors do you tend to buy? In my case, I tend to pick purples and greens usually. For today's review, I am reviewing a palette that I bought almost a month and a half ago. Before, I was not a fan of huge palettes because I thought, they are just too bulky and I would not be able to use all the colors. However, since I started doing Youtube videos, I feel that I need to have a lot of eyeshadows to choose from when I do makeup videos. I wanted to have a lot of eyeshadows without spending an arm and a leg. I have some issues and concerns though. I mean, are they really worth it? Are the colors pigmented? I might be allergic to them...and so on... So, if you are interested to know what I think, read on ... :)


Product name: 177 Color Palette
Bought from: Miss Bella PH
Price: P1200 (approx US$30)




It is a black "bag" that when opened, contains 177 eyeshadows.

One of the screws broke..it was actually my fault because it fell, but other than that, I have no problem with the container. The sides have magnets, so they stick together.



What it contains:


42 Matte Neutral Eyeshadows
42 Shimmery Neutral Eyeshadows
1 Contour powder
2 Highlight powder
1 Mirror
2 Sponger
6 Eyeshadow sponges
48 Shimmery Colorful Eyeshadows
49 Matte Colorful Eyeshadows

CLOSER LOOK:


















Ingredients:



MY THOUGHTS:


Let us start with the ingredients, as you can see, they contain TALC and MICA which can cause allergies to others, so just be careful. :) It also contains parabens which they say is bad for our health. However, further studies are needed to support that theory so unless you digest it or it gets absorbed in your blood or something, I think we're all good.

One thing that caught my eye is the container because it is very handy and adorable. Its like a black bag that when you open, you will see loads of eyeshadows and it comes with a mirror as well. It is like bringing you own vanity.

As for the color and pigmentation, I really have no complaints. I have used them in most of my tutorials and I have no problems in blending them.  I expected them to be powdery as well, but most of the colors weren't too powdery and had minimal fall off(is it the correct term?). Do I need to say more about the color selection?I mean, I see countless color combination and makeup looks everytime I look at this palette. It's incredible!

The contour powder is okay as well. When I saw it, I was like, hell no, this won't work. But, it did, I use it to contour my nose and my cheeks as well. The two lighter powders, I have no idea what to use them for. One is too white and the other is too yellow for me.

Sadly, this palette is not all perfect. When I first receive it, it has like a "toxic" smell that I do not understand. Maybe it is from the glue of the container? I don't know..I contacted Miss Bella and returned it and they gladly sent me another one. The new, do have a slight smell still, but it is okay. The smell is not overwhelming or anything,its just there. :)  But, if you are someone who is suppperrr sensitive to smell, then just be aware that it does have a smell.

So, will I recommend this? Hmmm... if you are a makeup artist or someone who really needs a lot of eyeshadows, then yes, definitely. But, if you are new to makeup, I really suggest that you start with a smaller palette and see how it goes because you might end up with something you will never use.

All in all, I love this product and I am happy that I have purchased it. No regrets so far!

You might want to checkout my videos where I have used this product:



So what do you think of my post? Yay or nay? What is your favorite eyeshadow palette? Do you like neutrals?or colorful shadows? Please share on the comments below!!











8 comments:

  1. I love the bright neon colour :). That is a really humongous palette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooohhh I like them! Very nice. The packaging is cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I bought it mainly because of the packaging..hahha

      Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Wooow colors overload! This is perfect for makeup gigs! The packaging is the bomb as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Where did you purchase this makeup palette?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!