Jul 30, 2013

Review: Italia Deluxe Lip Liners




Hi everyone!


Don't you just love it when you randomly find an amazing product at a really cheap price? I chanced upon these babies almost a month ago while browsing Watson's (a local drugstore here in the Philippines). I was looking for a nice red lipliner since it one thing that I never had before and though I do not like wearing red lipsticks, I thought I might need it sometime. I tried it on and I feel in love with! So if you want to know more about these darlings...please read on!



Name: Italia Deluxe Lipliner
Price: P79.00 ( approx US$1.5)


Where: SM Department Stores and  Watsons

I have not heard of the brand Italia Deluxe before but I decided to try them out since they were so creamy and pigmented. The colors are gorgeous and they glide on really easily.



Since they're so cheap, I bought three of the colors. I bought the red one first but I came back after a week or two to buy the two colors. All of the are matte and can be worn alone. They are a little drying since they matte and can tend to emphasize the lines but putting on a lipbalm helps.



 I applied more on the edges in this picture and I did not put on any lipbalm. I love the red color. It is a bluebased red and makes my teeth look whiter.

Soft pink is a cross between a mauve-y pink and a bright matte pink. Personally, I do not think it complements my skin tone but I love putting pink lipstick on top of it as it really makes the color vibrant.
Fuschia is my favorite of the three. I wore this alone or top it off with a lipgloss. From the picture, the line on the outer edges of my lips is quite visible. You can avoid this by gliding the lip liner on the center of the lips then spreading it outwards. I wore this the other day and topped it off with my Maybelline lipbalm, I ate waffles and drank Coke but it was still on my lips when I went home.

What I like: 
-affordable
-creamy and not difficult to apply
-very pigmented 
-great colors
-makes your lipstick last longer (when worn alone can last up to 4-5 hours depending whether you eat or drink)
-can be worn alone

Some issuse:
-can be drying
-can emphasize the lines on your lips so be sure to exfoliate first and wear lip balm 


All in all, I highly recommend these lip liners to anyone, whether you are a makeup artist or a makeup enthusiast like me! 

I hope you learned something from this and please do tell me what lip liners you use!!


Take care!

-maia














9 comments:

  1. The soft pink color is gorgeous! I love nude/natural lipliners (I actually only have one, haha), they're very handy when you want to make your lips look fuller. :D Btw you have really pretty eyelashes here!

    Maxinne ♥ http://flightlessangel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Before I bought them, I only had two! I just recently discovered how they can make a difference! Falsies lng na...cut them in half ...

    Thank you for dropping by maxinne!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great shades! it really makes a difference when you wear it with the lipstick, it enhances the lasting power :) thanks for the swatches, looks amazing on you! xx

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope these are available here in Davao!

    Btw, I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog right now. WIN AWESOME ACCESSORIES FROM MISS LITRATISTA! Giveaway ends on August 31!

    Chamee of PIXELS AND TALES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey there! try Watsons! thank you fro dropping by!

      Delete
  5. Hey Maia, I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award. I hope you find it interesting. Have a fantastic Weekend! hugs and kisses! and oh you may find out about the details on my post @ http://shannellee.blogspot.com/2013/08/liebster-blog-award.html

    thanks

    always
    shannel

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd like to know what you think about my posts!!